Samsung LN40D630 Review
40" 1080p LCD TV
Alongside it's LED TV series, Samsung continues to offer traditionally backlit LCD televisions. The D630 series replaces 2010's C630 series. We liked the C650 series a lot when we reviewed it and found it to be a great value with a great picture. The 630 line was the same as the 650 without internet connectivity features. This year the 630 includes WiFi and the new Allshare feature but it still doesn't go online.
Picture and Viewing Features
Samsung's LCD panels look excellent with CCFL backlighting. The off angle viewing isn't as strong as the LED lit models but the traditional backlighting offers smooth, uniform color and brightness and calibrates excellently due to the detailed picture controls.
Internet Applications and Connectivity
Samsung has made the All Share also known as its Smart Search function available on this LCD model series. Users can connect with and search for any programming item, including photos, videos and music on their home network for sharing onto this HDTV LCD. The All Share functionality was one of the most unique services offered at CES for connectivity, and as far as we can see, Samsung is one of only a handful of television manufacturers with this feature.
Built in WiFi, we always like to see connected TVs have this, it's always nice to lose one of the cables behind your TV.
1080p LCD panel, Samsung's LCD televisions have excellent picture quality and continue to impress us.
Priced Competitively: You can save quite a bit of money when you buy a CCFL backlit TV with the same features as an LED.
- Screen size: 40"
- Aspect ratio: 16:9, 1920 x 1080p
- ENERGY STAR rated
- Progressive features: Auto Motion Plus 120Hz, DLNA networking, Touch of Color (red)
- Inputs: 4 HDMI (best audio and video connection) / 2 component video / 2 USB 2.0 / PC input
- Outputs: optical audio
- Audio enhancements: Dolby Digital Plus, SRS TheaterSound
- Built-in speakers: 10W x 2
- Mounting options: pedestal stand / VESA compatible
- Remote control included
- Dimensions: 38.6" W x 23.6" H x 3.2" D (w/out stand) / 38.6" W x 26.1" H x 10" D (w/stand)
- Weight: 30.5 lbs (w/out stand) / 36.6 lbs (w/stand)
- Read LN40D630 User Reviews
- Samsung 46" TV: A complete listing of 46 inch Samsung TV Models
- Samsung LCD TV: See a complete listing of Samsung's LCD TV Line Up
- Compare LCD TV Ratings: A quick comparison chart of all our reviewed televisions
- LED TV vs. LCD TV: An in-depth comparison of the two technologies
- LCD TV Reviews: Read LCD TV Reviews