LG 32LK450 Review
32" 1080p LG LCD TV
Picture and Viewing Features
Everyone is on the the latest and greatest 3D TVs and LED TVs, but dont underestimate some of these excellent little LCD TVs for delivering the best value (along with plasma) in the marketplace. From past reviews and viewing at CES we know that this TV has a strong picture performance at a value oriented price. This is a value oriented 60Hz, 1080p full high definition LCD TV that does not have the upgraded 120Hz feature. That features has never been our favorite. This TV might be a very good choice for those that want an extra TV for a brightly lit bedroom as these LG LCD TVs have a natural anti-glare screen that really works to reduce glare.
Viewing angle is usually somewhat impaired and contrast begins to degrade at around 30 degrees off center. But colors are crisp and not oversaturated like many LED TVs.
The picture is not as bright as an LED (thank goodness) that's cranked way up in contrast, but provides plenty of brightness and contrast for 90% of viewing content.
One recent past LG LCD TV received an 93.5 picture rating and editors choice award from us. The picture on some of these LCDs is usually more consistent and uniform with even higher end LED TVs. And for the price they become very compelling offerings as they are cheaper to produce than newer LED backed LCD TVs.
Appearance is not a focal point for these new LCD TVs as they give way to LED backlit LCDs in the aesthetic department. The plastic black slightly brushed framing bezel is not bad looking and is about 2" in width all the way around the screen. Panel depth measures around 2.5 to 3".
Internet Applications and Connectivity
The LK450 series does not have LG's improved SmartTV functionality for Internet TV. However, LG does have a SmartTV upgrader device called the ST600 Smart TV Upgrader which would allow you to receive all of LG's new Internet TV features. It is sold seperately.
3 included HDMI inputs should be plenty. LG Simplink for other LG devices. 1 Component video input should be sufficient for your favorite older DVD player. USB 2.0 for access to digital music and photos (MP3, JPEG)
-Jack Burden, Editorial Contributor
- Screen size: 32" / 1920 x 1080p resolution / 60Hz frame rate / XD Engine
- Aspect ratio: 6 modes (16:9 / Just Scan / Original / 4:3 / Zoom / Cinema Zoom)
- Ambient light adjustment: Intelligent Sensor
- Progressive features: 24p Real Cinema (24p 5:5 / 2:2 / pull down) / xvYCC / ISFccc Ready
- AV I/O: 3 HDMI / 1 USB 2.0 / 1 optical audio out / 2 AV in / 2 component in / 1 PC in (D-Sub 15 pin) / 1 PC audio in / 1 headphone out / 1 RS-232C / 1 RF
- Smart Energy Saving: Yes (ENERGY STAR Qualified)
- Picture Wizard II calibration: Yes
- Speakers: 10W + 10W, 1-way dual speakers / Dolby Digital Decoder / Infinite Surround / Clear Voice II / bass, trebel, balance / auto volume leveler
- Sound modes: Standard / Music / Cinema / Game / Sports
- Picture modes: Intelligent Sensor / Vivid / Standard / Cinema / Sport / Game / isf Expert 1 / isf Expert 2
- Convenience features: Auto tuning / channel add / favorite channel / clock / timer / sleep timer / auto off
- 1080p source input: HDMI / component / RGB
- AV input navigation: Yes
- Input labeling: Yes
- Child lock: Yes
- Closed Caption: Yes
- SIMPLINK™ (HDMI CEC): Yes
- VESA compatible: 200mm x 200mm
- Remote: Standard
- 31.3" W x 19.8" H x 2.9" D without stand / 31.3" W x 22.4" H x 8.1" D with stand
- 17.9 lbs without stand / 20.3 lbs with stand