Sharp LC-32D59U Review
32" 720p LCD TV
Sharp is the inventor of LCD TV panel technology and also the new Quattron Quad pixel technology. The LC-32D59 foregoes the latter in this value oriented 32" 720p LCD TV with traditional CFL backlighting. It does contain USB port inputs to enable photos and music, but no video.
There is really no need to be concerned about 720p resolution on a 32" size TV as the smaller size negates the need for the higher resolution. Picture quality will be somewhat hampered by the typical picture performance issues with flourescent backlit LCD TVs including poor side angle viewing, hazy blacks, and lots of motion artifacts and judder during action scenes. This is typically especially true of 720p, 60Hz panels.
Purchase this 32D59 not for spectacular performance or features but rather only for its price.
See the LC-42D69U Value Rating Review
- 1366 x 768 pixel resolution (720p)
- 32" screen class (31.50" diagonal screen size)
- Active matrix LCD backlighting
- 176° H x 176° V viewing angle
- 5W x 2 channel audio system (10W total)
- 16:9 native aspect ratio
- 8.5ms response time
- 4 HDMI inputs (2 back, 2 side)
- High brightness
- USB port
- PC input
- S-video input
- Analog audio L/R input
- 2 component video inputs
- Composite video input
- ENERGY STAR certified
- Dimensions (without/with stand): 31.17"/31.17" W x 20.77"/22.56" H x 3.34"/10.00" D
- Weight (without/with stand): 25.3/28.4 lbs.