Sharp LC-42D69U Review
42" 1080p LCD TV
Sharp is the inventor of LCD TV panel technology and also the new Quattron Quad pixel technology. The LC-42D69 foregoes the latter in this value oriented 42" LCD TV with traditional CFL backlighting. It does contain USB port inputs to enable photos and music, but no video.
Picture quality will be somewhat hampered by the typical picture performance issues with flourescent backlit LCD TVs including poor side angle viewing, hazy blacks, and lots of motion artifacts and judder during action scenes. But with HD 1080p signals from sources such as Blu Ray DVD players, you will still get a great picture if sitting no more than 20 degrees off center.
Purchase the LC-42D69U for its attractive price and not for performance features.
- Screen size: 42" (42.02" diagonal) Active Matrix LCD
- Aspect ratio: 16:9, 1920 x 1080p
- Viewing angles: 176° H / 176° V
- Response time: 6.5ms
- Audio system: 5W x 2
- Inputs/outputs: 4 HDMI inputs / 2 component video / 1 composite video / RCA audio input / RS232C / PC input / 3.5mm headphone out / USB / digital coaxial audio out
- Mounting options: pedestal stand (included), wall mount (sold separately)
- Remote control included
- AQUOS Advantage support
- Tuners: ATSC / QAM / NTSC
- Power: 120V source / 190W consumption
- Dimensions: 40.71" W x 25.91" H x 3.35" D (w/out stand) / 40.71" W x 27.72 " H x 11.19" D (w/stand)
- Weight: 38.4 lbs (w/out stand) / 43.6 lbs (w/stand)